STUDENTS’ GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Email id: email@example.com
In order to redress individual as well as collective grievances of the students of the institution, a grievance redressal mechanism has been devised. A grievance may be any kind of discontent or dissatisfaction or negative perception, whether expressed or not, arising out of anything connected with institution that a student thinks, or even feels, is unfair, unjust or inequitable.
In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell.
A Grievance Cell should be constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- To encourage the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- To uphold the dignity of the college by ensuring harmonious environment in the college through promoting cordial relationship among faculty and students
- To improve the Academics / Administration functioning of the College.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
All grievances shall be handled in accordance with the procedure laid down below;
- The student will first take up his/her grievance with his mentor
- If the student is not satisfied with the decision of the mentor or fails to receive an answer from him/her within three days, he/she will take the grievance to the class coordinator
- If the decision of the coordinator is not satisfactory or an answer is not received from him/her within three days, the student may present it to the Principal in writing in the students grievance form duly signed by the student. And the principal shall, if necessary refer the case to the Students Grievance Redressal Cell.
- The student may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the office and drop it in the box.
- Grievances which require immediate attention/action may also be sent through e-mail to the Principal using the email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- The students may also register their complaints in the online grievance portal available in the college software.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents
- The Grievance Cell in turn, shall verify the facts and assure that the grievances have been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell, which is 14 days.
- The grievances which are solved at the mentor/class coordinator/principal/ level it should be entered in the Students Grievance Redressal Cell register through the secretary
- The cell shall be committed to maintain the confidentiality of information throughout the process.
- No appeal shall be entertained after the expiry of 14 days
- The members will meet at least once in every 6 months or on receipt of a grievance.
COLLEGE GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL COMMITTEE MEMBERS(2020-2021)
St.James College Of Nursing.
||Co – Chairman
St.James’ Group Of Institutions.
St.James College Of Nursing.
Ms.Liji Prince,Associate Professor,SJCON
Ms.Christy Antony,Assistant Professor,SJCON
Ms.Betty K.D.,Assistant Professor,SJCON
Sr.Lucia SFN,Hostel Warden
(Only for student related issues)
||Ms.Newshya Jaison P(College Union Chairperson)
||Ms.Reshma M.J(College Union General Secretary)
||Ms.Navya Varkey P(University Union Councillor)
||Ms.Aleena Varghese P(University Union Councillor)